Shopfront systems come in many forms, from a conventionally framed suite to unitised or our Total Vision Systems, all can be installed with integrated seismic systems and, when engineered correctly for the project and site, can offer the appearance of a very low profile transparent suite, lending itself well to accessible entrances which require low thresholds at the door openings.
This system can be used internally as well - and should be considered in locations which are primary escape routes in buildings due to it's engineered nature.
Due to the common use of large panes of glass - seismic resilience needs to be considered for each application.
In order to get a full warranty, it is normal for Thermosash to fix their own shopfronts and doors but they may be supplied for fixing by contractors of other specialists.
Shop front doors into any of the Suites may be:
- Side Hung with stainless steel hinges.
- Pivot Hung on either floor springs or overhead closers.
- Automatic sliding or pivoted these doors are automatically fitted with panic break-out, fail-safe, or automatic opening in fire alarm activation as specified.
- Sliding doors on overhead tracking or bottom rollers.
- Vertical lift counter weighted.
- Total vision doors on floor springs or with patch hinges (or rails) may be used in lieu of shopfront framed doors.
- Revolving doors: details for various types are available on request.
- Unless specified otherwise, standard lock sets are fitted to all doors and with doors on closers, standard pull & push handles are fitted.
- All types of locks can however be fitted, including RFID / card controlled electronically operated locks.
- Face mounted or integral crash rails may be fitted including.
- Bespoke design handle, stainless steel tube full length handles or special handles may be requested.
The most commonly used sections are 75mm deep and 100mm deep, but 150mm or 200mm sections can be supplied to suit span / pane sizes.
Performance / Testing
Thermosash owns and operates the largest façade testing facility in New Zealand where we test our systems and custom designed suites to ensure compliance with the below codes or project specific requirements:
- AS/NZS1170 (Structural Design Actions)
- NZS4223 (Glazing in Buildings)
- NZS/AS4284:2008 (Water / Air Pressure/ Air Leakage - Meets and exceeds minimum requirements)
All the Thermosash suites are independently laboratory tested to IANZ (International Accreditation New Zealand). Test certificates are available on request.
Maximum spanning ability
Thermosash specifically engineers the best suite option for your project taking into consideration span, structural system, and environmental loads (e.g. wind). The spanning ability will vary depending on the above.
Thermosash Suites are recognized as having the largest spanning systems on the market due to our specific engineering capability and the customised nature of the work we complete.
The standard warranty is 5 years from the date of practical completion for these products. This covers workmanship and weather tightness, providing the subcontract includes fabrication, installation and glazing of all components.